As a software development company based in the UK , Soliton IT Ltd (Soliton) is committed to minimizing our environmental impact and contributing to a more sustainable future. As an application supplier for the NHS we support fully their commitment to become the world’s first health service to reach net zero by 2045 for the emissions from their supply chain.
Soliton are committed to Carbon Neutrality: We aim to achieve carbon neutrality by 2045 across our entire operation, including direct and indirect emissions (Scopes 1, 2, and 3).
Our applications help to deliver environmental benefits associated with the burden of care today by reducing unnecessary duplication of Radiology scans, providing the technology to allow Reporting Clinicians to reduce travel by working from home, and helping customers become paper free. We also supply regional image and workflow sharing solutions, which are a key part of the NHS strategy for efficiency in Diagnostics.
To support the environment
- We undertake to promote greater environmental responsibility in all areas of our business.
- We prioritise home working for our 50 employees to reduce the environmental impact of commuting and reduce the dependency on office space and related energy consumption.
- The office is run off 100% renewable energy.
- All office waste is recycled, with no waste going to landfill.
- We actively seek alternative communication methods to minimize business travel emissions; as an example we encourage the use of video conferencing.
- We encourage our staff to respect the environment, for example the provision of cycle racks and a designated shuttle bus running between the office and the local train station.
- We are transitioning to hosting our in-house infrastructure in the Cloud using suppliers who are 100% carbon neutral.
Soliton is committed to transparency and accountability in our carbon reduction efforts. We will regularly communicate our progress to stakeholders through:
- Annual Sustainability Reports: Providing transparent data on our emissions and progress towards targets.
- Internal Communication: Engaging employees in carbon reduction initiatives and fostering a culture of environmental awareness.
- Partnerships: Collaborating with the NHS and other organizations to share best practices and accelerate collective sustainability efforts.
Soliton IT Ltd is committed to playing our part in creating a more sustainable future.
This commitment provides a strong foundation for Soliton’s carbon reduction journey.